Monday, July 11, 2011

Facebook Death, Death by Facebook

About a month ago Facebook published a decrease of use in three of its first markets: 6 million Americans, 10 thousand Brits and 1.52 million Canadians commited Facebook Suicide during May 2011. Not much relative to the 700 million monthly Facebook users but still it launched a wave of 'Is this the death of Facebook?' debates - which were interesting since I still haven't understood how Facebook actually makes money.

Since then I've been receiving approximately 3 friend invites from people I do not know (and can’t complain about it to anyone) and if it weren't from a helpful hand I would still be logged on to fb's video chat; as a result I can add at least 2 reasons to why I hate Facebook.

But here's a great list of ten good reasons to:

1. babies
2. here is a picture of what i just ate
3. my mom is on facebook too
4. suggesting i 'like' something that benefits you
5. old cool friends have gone insane
6. getting gifts that are cartoon cows from moo-land
7. tagged in pictures where you look terrible
8. friend suggestions
9. default privacy settings
10. ......